Web design is the skill of designing hypertext presentations of content that is delivered to an end-user through the World Wide Web, by way of a Web browser or other Web-enabled software like Internet television clients, microblogging clients and RSS readers.
The process of designing Web pages, Web sites, Web applications or multimedia for the Web may utilize multiple disciplines, such as animation, authoring, communication design, corporate identity, graphic design, human-computer interaction, information architecture, interaction design, photography, search engine optimization and typography.
Involved technologies may include (see Web development):
- Markup languages (such as XHTML and XML)
- Style sheet languages (such as CSS and XSL)
- Server-side scripting (such as PHP and ASP)
- Database technologies (such as MySQL)
- Multimedia technologies (such as Flash and Silverlight)